A healthy culture requires healthy people. Healthy and fit board members, leaders, managers and team members demonstrate fitness in the following 6 areas of their lives:
- Physical Health. Members of your organization eat well, drink lots of water, exercise on a consistent basis and get the rest they need.
- Mental Health. Members of your organization understand how their minds work and how they process information and experiences.
- Emotional Health. Members of your organization react in healthy ways to the information and experiences their mind processes. (Ex. They are not defensive when receiving feedback.)
- Spiritual Health. Members of your organization know their personal purpose for living and have individual personal visions and missions for their lives. (When your team members’ personal visions and missions align with organizational vision and mission, you are well on your way towards a total fitness culture.)
- Relational Health. Members of your organization interact well with others and experience harmony in personal and family relationships.
- Financial Health. Members of your organization have a budget and live within their means. They have little stress when it comes to their financial state.
When every member of your organization has reached health in all 6 of these areas listed above, you have reached Utopia. More than likely, you will never reach Utopia, but why not try?
A culture of total fitness means everyone in your organization is pursuing a life of total fitness. As the health of your team members grow, so will the health of your organization.
Empower health for every team member in every area and watch your culture thrive.